Hawk Fitness Academy at KU
KU's elite youth training program. Children ages 5-10 will be given the opportunity to learn exercise skills that can be used for a lifetime in a FUN and SAFE environment with guidance from trained and knowledgeable instructors. Performing these skills will build your child’s confidence in exercise and will make it easier for your child to continue exercise during preadolescence to adulthood. Session activities may include:
- Learning and performing skills to improve strength and become stronger;
- Gaining experience to take the intimidation away from using medicine balls, kettle bells, weighted bars, and other equipment;
- Performing simple plyometric exercises such as: ladder drills, short hurdler exercises, and box jumps;
- Enjoying fun activities to improve heart health and quality of life including: running, jumping, etc.
- Improving knowledge of a health and nutritious diet, and more!
Register your child for a 5-week session that works best for your family's schedule:
- Session 1: May 30 - June 29, 2017 on T/Th (Lawrence, 9-9:50 a.m. -or- Overland Park, 11-11:50 a.m.)
- Session 2: July 11 - Aug. 10, 2017 on T/Th (Lawrence, 9-9:50 a.m. -or- Overland Park, 11-11:50 a.m.).
Scholarships to cover full cost of participation during the 2017 summer sessions are available. Cost to participate is $225 per child, per 5-week session. Future camp prices subject to change. However, scholarships are available to cover $175 of the $225, leaving families responsible for only $50 of the full cost. A generous donor has provided funding to be used to advance the discipline of physical education at KU through targeted programming and initiatives which directly engage school-age children and youth in physical activity. Funded programs and initiatives will be targeted to students and teachers at the elementary, middle and high school levels both during and outside of the regular school session.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-2224.
Documents Required* For Registration:
Release of Liability | Photo/Video Release
*Participants can either upload each release on the online registration form, or bring hard copies of each release on the first day. Day-of registration is welcome.