Physical Education Plus Program at KU
The bachelor's degree in physical education plus at the University of Kansas School of Education prepares individuals to become PE teachers at the PK-12 level, as well as to pursue a licensure endorsement in a second area through KSDE by examination OR a minor in business or sport management.
Benefits of the program include:
- Program Reputation - KU’s bachelor's degree in physical education plus is offered through the KU School of Education, which recently ranked 8th in the nation was according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Public Education Schools.
- Early & Often Field Experiences - The teacher education program combines general education courses and professional education coursework with multiple field experiences in rural, urban, and suburban communities.
- Dual Programming - Coursework fulfills the requirements for a Bachelor's degree and also prepares students to pursue a Kansas initial teaching license in physical education. It's a two-for-one program at KU!
- Student Organizations & Networking - Students can actively participate in KU's Rising Educators, a unique, student-led organization focused on professional development, service, and networking for all education majors.
- Study Abroad - Program supports unique opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge, skills, & dispositions needed for culturally-responsive teaching. Learn more here.
- Nationally-accredited Program - The KU School of Education is accredited under the NCATE Standards through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Accreditation System.