Children's Swim Program at KU
Every effort is made to provide a fun and safe learning and swimming environment at Robinson Center Swimming Pools. Lessons are taught by Red Cross Certified lifeguards. Age groups range from 6 months to 5+ years old. View the Children Swim Program Level Descriptions (pdf) for age groups and specific class times. Questions? Email Pool Manager Coleman Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Swim Program sessions include:
- Introductions to water safety skills appropriate for different age groups;
- Blowing bubbles & getting faces wet in the water;
- Practicing front & back float, crawl, glide off wall;
- Learning rotary breathing (side breathing) for front crawl;
- Learning basic kicks and strokes (breast stroke, butterfly stroke, scissor kick, etc.)
- Treading in deep water, learning safe diving rules, and more!
Each child is required to wear a swimsuit and bring a towel. No cutoffs or shorts will be allowed. If not toilet-trained, each child will also need to wear snug fitting rubber pants or a swim diaper.
Schedules & Registration:
Register your child for a 10-lesson session. Individual lesson schedules will vary based on level. Please note, dates are subject to change.
- Summer 2019: The Summer 2019 session schedule is still to be announced. Sessions will most likely be scheduled for two weeks during the month of July. View the full schedule here (coming soon).
Deadline to register is 11:59 p.m. on the Friday before the first session date.
Cost to Participate:
- Reduced* Rate: $25 for one child and $20 for each additional child in the same family;
- Regular Rate: $50 for one child and $40 for each additional child in the same family.
*The David and Margaret Shirk Physical Education Programs Fund provides financial support for families and children to participate in the Children's Swim Program at a reduced rate. Future youth activity prices subject to change.