Children's Swim Program at KU
Every effort is made to provide a fun and safe learning and swimming environment at Robinson Center Swimming Pools. Lessons are taught by Red Cross Certified lifeguards. Age groups range from 6 months to 5+ years old. View the Children Swim Program Level Descriptions (pdf) for age groups and specific class times. Questions? Email Pool Manager Dylan White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Swim Program sessions include:
- Introductions to water safety skills appropriate for different age groups;
- Blowing bubbles & getting faces wet in the water;
- Practicing front & back float, crawl, glide off wall;
- Learning rotary breathing (side breathing) for front crawl;
- Learning basic kicks and strokes (breast stroke, butterfly stroke, scissor kick, etc.)
- Treading in deep water, learning safe diving rules, and more!
Register your child for a 10-lesson session. Individual lesson schedules will vary based on level. The deadline to register is the first date of each session. Please note, dates are subject to change.
- Spring 2020: The Spring 2020 session schedule runs on Saturdays beginning Feb. 8. View the full schedule here (pdf).
- View the full Fall 2019 schedule here (pdf).
Cost to Participate:
- Reduced* Rate: $25 for one child and $20 for each additional child in the same family;
- Regular Rate: $50 for one child and $40 for each additional child in the same family.
*The David and Margaret Shirk Physical Education Programs Fund provides financial support for families and children to participate in the Children's Swim Program at a reduced rate. Future youth activity prices subject to change.