Hawk Fitness Academy at KU
KU's youth exercise program. Children ages 5-10 will be given the opportunity to learn exercise skills that can be used for a lifetime in a FUN environment with guidance from trained and knowledgeable instructors. Performing these skills will build your child’s confidence in exercise and will make it easier for your child to continue exercise during preadolescence to adulthood.
Hawk Fitness Academy sessions include:
- Warm Up: Hops, skips, crawling, and sport skills (dribbling basketball, throwing & catching);
- Exercises: Medicine ball (squats, presses, throws, etc.); Aerobic bar (squats, deadlifts, presses); Box jumps; Ladder & Cone drills;
- Fun: Sessions are designed considering a child's psychological framework. Exercises are brief, keep the child moving, and are performed within obstacle courses.
Schedules & Registration:
Register your child for a 5-week session that works best for your family's schedule. Each session meets 2 days per week:
- Session 1: Summer 2018 dates to be announced soon. Please check back often.
- Session 2: Summer 2018 dates to be announced soon. Please check back often.
Deadline to register is the Friday before the first day of the session(s).
Cost to Participate:
- Reduced* Rate: $50 per child, per 5-week session;
- Regular Rate: $225 per child, per 5-week session.
*The David and Margaret Shirk Physical Education Programs Fund provides financial support for families and children to participate in the Hawk Fitness Academy at a reduced rate. Future youth activity prices subject to change.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-2224.
Documents Required* For Registration:
Release of Liability | Photo/Video Release
*Participants can either upload each release on the online registration form, or bring hard copies of each release on the first day. Day-of registration is welcome.