Bachelor's Degree in Sport Management at KU
The Bachelor's Degree in Sport Management at the University of Kansas prepares students for a variety of positions in the sport and athletics industry. Students complete courses in sociology of sport, sport ethics, sport facilities and event management, sport law, sport finance and economics, sport marketing, and personnel management. The culminating experience is a semester-long internship working in a student-selected area of sport management.
Benefits of the program include:
- Program Reputation - KU's Bachelor's Degree in Sport Management is offered through the KU School of Education, which was recently ranked 8th in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Public Education Schools.
- Nationally Renowned Faculty - Learn from full-time faculty who are prominent scholars and expert practitioners.
- Flexible Curriculum & Minor - Three minor options within the program allow students to customize curriculum for the area of sport they are most passionate about. Plus, take advantage of expansive online summer course offerings for added schedule flexibility.
- Engaged Professional Network - Students get to interact with program alumni and other sport professionals working for organizations such as the Kansas City Chiefs, Sporting Kansas City, Kansas City Royals, and KU Athletics.
- Access to KU Athletics - Students at KU benefit from access to a robust, high-caliber athletics department which can facilitate learning and field-based experiences that is unmatched at other universities.
- Hands-on learning – KU’s Sport Management program offers unique opportunities for students to engage in developing research and learning through the Amateur Sport Research Center.
- Study Abroad - Program supports unique opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge, skills, & dispositions needed for culturally-responsive professionalism. Learn more here.
- Available Scholarships – Academic scholarships for students in the Sport Management program are supported through the Dr. Bob Run.